Thursday, November 20, 2008

Still trapped in Memphis

I finally overheard why the flight is delayed: there's a dent in the aircraft and the airline has to wait for the manufacturer to tell the mechanics what (if anything) needs to be done to make the plane flight worthy. Apparently they haven't gotten any word from the manufacturer yet, which is why they keep pushing it back; it shouldn't take long to enact repairs once they know what they have to do.

The airline is not doing anything for passengers, though, with regard to accommodating their travel needs. They did give us a $5 meal voucher (which isn't enough for even the cheapest combo on any menu here) but they are not rebooking passengers or otherwise ensuring that people get where they want or need to be at any specific time.

I'm getting increasingly worried that Kilroy won't be able to pick me up since he has other obligations this afternoon and my delay could seriously screw with his plans. I shouldn't be stuck at the airport, though; Crocosaur is going to pick me up unless things get seriously screwed up. However, right now, I have no idea even if I'll be in Chicago today.

*sigh* Why can't things go well when I'm trying to enjoy myself? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment