Thursday, November 20, 2008

On the way to MFF - Pensacola Airport

To describe the TSA agents here as "dicks" is putting it nicely this morning. I ended up going through extra screening, only to realize that I'd left a bottle of lube in my backpack. How that's a threat to national security I don't know; I don't think they have any clue what "security" actually entails, since they seem to believe that harassing passengers is the best way of achieving it. I ended up having to go back down to the airline counter, putting aforementioned bottle in my luggage (which, thankfully, was still down there), taking the bag through the TSA check line again, going back through security ... and getting extra screening once again. There's absolutely nothing that I had in bag that time that could have been a problem, other than lots of shiny electronics that I wouldn't trust to leave in a checked bag.

Next time I fly anywhere, I'll pick a different airport; I've never had this much trouble flying before. But they are boarding the flight now, so I'm going to hit the "send" button and hope this goes through before I take off. Otherwise, it'll be posted from Memphis, back dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment