Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Self-control, or the lack thereof?

So here it is, nearly 11PM eastern time, and I'm still awake. Why?
Absolutely no useful reason; I could have gotten everything done today,
gotten a shower, and been in bed about two hours ago if I just could
have made myself do the important things first. Instead, I only now
finished up a trip plan for the next couple days and I have to decide
between getting a shower or actually getting a full night's sleep. I
really need to find some way of curtailing the amount of time I spend
online as it's seriously starting to have a negative impact on my work
life. Granted, there are times I can be online with no negative impact
on work - times where I /have/ to be awake and ready to go - but when
I'm on a break where I have to leave at a certain time, I struggle with
forcing myself to get off the computer at an early enough hour to allow
me to get the eight to nine hours of sleep my body seems to require just
to function in a nearly-normal way.


So, anyone out there have any suggestions for this? I do still need the
computer and my Internet connection for work-related functions (such as
looking at things on Google Maps), so simply getting rid of them isn't a
practical solution. How can I balance everything out?

No comments:

Post a Comment