Sunday, April 20, 2008

I HATE WINDOWS

I was still fighting with Google maps, trying to get a useful set of directions, when my Internet connection dropped. Seeing as this happens due to network issues from time to time, I just consider it a frustration that comes with the territory. But unlike the usual, my connection never came back. My phone's Internet sharing (ICS) refused to work. Vista blamed a phone hardware issue; my phone said the problem was with the USB connection. Either way, I couldn't get my laptop online despite rebooting my phone. Only MS could design an OS so badly written that it requires rebooting a phone regularly. I'm trying to reboot my laptop now (which takes several minutes) while I write this on my phone. If ICS is still not working when I shut down tonight, I'm calling Sprint and telling them to either replace my phone with a model that doesn't have substantial design flaws and doesn't run Windows Mobile or to waive my early termination fee so I can switch to a provider that actually give s me the service I'm paying for. No matter what Sprint does with my contract, I will never buy another Microsoft product again. No more Windows Mobile. When I buy a new computer, I'll refuse the license agreement and send for a refund of the OS; retailers are required to offer that option to customers. I'm going to figure out Linux one way or another. What pisses me off most is that I should have been able to get directions in ten minutes, tops. Now, an hour later, I actually have less information than I did an hour ago. I always thought that the goal of technology was to make life easier or more enjoyable; this morning, it's done the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment