Sunday, September 6, 2009

MFM 2009 - Saturday Night Update

I spent pretty much the entire day today in the gaming room for various events. First up was the Smash Bros. tournament, which got bumped back to noon. I lucked out and had a bye for the first round, then won a quarterfinal match, leaving me in one of the final four spots before I was eliminated in the first semifinal game. Considering I've not played the game in quite some time I was thrilled with the result.

Beyond that, I'm actually not sure where most of my afternoon went. I did get to play poker a bit before that tournament started, but that's about it. Once the tourney started, though, I got off to a really good start, even busting out Isfacat in the early going and picking up a $20 bounty plus a free custom-made staff from one of the dealers; personally, I think it was a better prize package than most of the ones for the final table. There were all manner of shenanigans throughout the tournament, including two instances where I called multiple cards in succession, though I only lasted a little under two hours. Still, I had a blast. :)

Once the tournament was settled Startide came in and we somehow got a game of Red Dragon Inn started. One of the guys in the first game was an asshole, so we all ganged up to eliminate him as quickly as possible. ;)  I lost both times, but the game is a hoot; I may have to look into picking that up once I have a group of people to do games with regularly. Once the second game was finished, everyone playing agreed that it was time for bed. Startide's lying down and ready for sleep; I'll be joining him soon as this post publishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment