Saturday, September 5, 2009

MFM 2009 - Friday night update

I arrived at the convention Thursday night, but nothing was going on so there's nothing to report there. This morning I wandered to the con suite for a light snack before joining the registration line. At 9:30, the reg line was fewer than 25 people long; at 10 o'clock it stretched down most of the first floor. Once that was settled, I joined a panel in progress about first aid and learned a few interesting things. I briefly wandered the dealer's den once it opened at noon, collecting a badge for Timanth from BushyCat and purchasing a dragon plush that bears at least a passing resemblance to my beloved bronze. Then it was off to get lunch, fetch Startide from the terminal, and laze in the room for a little while.

I'm actually not sure where most of the afternoon went, but we hung out in the con suite for a little while, got dinner, then I went to a "panel" that was a crazed, explicit game of Pictionary. Somehow I got up the nerve to play and did fairly well, but I had one clue that left me stumped. How the hell do you draw Goatse when that's your clue, anyway? A sheep with horns (goat) and an eye (see) perhaps? We ended up losing the game as the other team put on a fantastic run in their last attempt, but oh well, still amusing. Beyond that I wandered to the game room, played a few rounds of various things, including two games of Werewolf in which I was lynched in the second round. Having gotten my fill of that and finding it progressively harder to even remain upright due to tiredness, I wandered back to the room to type this up and sleep. Tomorrow I'll be rolling out of bed around 8:30 to get breakfast and head to the gaming room for a day of amusements there.

No comments:

Post a Comment