Sunday, May 11, 2008

RSS & You

I've mentioned a few times that you can subscribe to this blog (as well as my others) via RSS, but that assumes that you know what it is. So I thought I'd take a little bit of time to explain it a bit. First, allow me to post a video that sums it all up and I'll add a bit more information below.

So if you're using Firefox, there should be a big orange button in your address bar to subscribe. In any browser, you can click my "readers" graphic in the right column to be taken to FeedBurner, where you'll be presented with a list of subscription options. Though the above video shows off Google Reader (which I highly recommend), you can use similar steps for any other feed reader, whether online or offline. Thus, you can keep up with a whole bunch of websites - including this blog - without having to check them yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment