Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sprint Overbilling

I've bitched plenty of times about the crappy tech support, lousy cell phone reception, and shady business practices of Sprint before, but when I checked my bill tonight, I got yet another surprise. I'd been given a $20 credit to compensate me for receiving defective hardware and having to wait three hours on hold just to get told that it's something I'll have to go into a store to get fixed. Obviously, being a truck driver, this is impossible, but they somehow thought that $20 was adequate compensation for having a phone with bluetooth that crashes randomly. They didn't even tell me they I'd been given a credit the first time; I only found out on a subsequent call for another problem the following week.

The problem is this: I was then charged for an extra pro-rated month of service. They double-billed me for part of my data plan, which ended up negating the credit added another $2 to my bill. I tried calling their customer service center, only to find out that I have to call during "regular business hours" to get someone to answer the phone. At least they have limited hours on the weekend and I'll have the time to call them tomorrow before they charge me twice for service that barely works anyway. If they still bill me for anything over $141.85, I'm going to dispute the entire charge with Mastercard and cross-post this to the Consumerist, if not drop a full-blown executive e-mail carpet bomb.

Here's the bill in question, showing the double billing right at the top; these clowns aren't even trying to hide the fact they're cheating me out of money now.

No comments:

Post a Comment