Saturday, August 9, 2008

MFM Upcoming

Barring any disasters with work, I should be at MFM over Labor Day weekend. I've requested the time off, arranged for a hotel room, paid for registration, and keep all my convention-going stuff with me in the truck. I'm rather looking forward to it, particularly with as busy as work has been keeping me; it's not often that I have to take a day off because I legally can't work any more in a week. I'm thinking of volunteering to help with a few things, if not suggesting a few panels outright. Specifically, I have two ideas: a warm-up game of Texas Hold 'Em that could serve as a tutorial for new players before the charity tournament and a time in the LAN room for open-source and freeware games so people without a massive PC budget can still enjoy some gaming. I think there might already be such a card game set up, but I strongly doubt there's anything like that in the computer room; I'll have to check on the website sometime before the con.

Anyone else going to be there? Anyone else wish they were going to be there? :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd go if I could, but especially given the current circumstances, I don't think I'm going anywhere for a while. GenCon's in my back yard and I can't afford to go if that tells ya anything :P

    ReplyDelete