Saturday, March 13, 2010

Irritability

I really don't know what my problem is today, but I've been particularly bitchy today. It hasn't taken much to set me off about anything, I haven't felt like wanting to do much of anything, and the few things I have tried to do have proven to be nothing more than a total waste of time and effort. I would like to get off the computer and do something with someone in real life, but nobody around here seems to be available for anything and - even if someone were around - I can't think of anything specific I want to do.

I can think of a few things that I probably should be doing myself, such as writing stuff, cleaning my room, or even just ensuring I get a good night's sleep as I stayed up far too late last night. But even trying to convince myself to get off my tail and cook a small plate of pasta for dinner has been a lost effort, as I've been home here for over an hour and still haven't even nuked my leftovers from lunch. There are also plenty of other things getting on my nerves, mostly involving the roommates other than Delphi: they have left so much crap in the sink that it's basically unusable and their cat - which violates the lease - just loves getting in my way and clawing at everything.

At this point I almost wish I could get back to work, just to have some time to myself and something productive to be doing. It wouldn't be the greatest idea right now, as I'm still nursing intermittent shoulder pain, but I really should be doing something productive and making some money. At the very least, it would be nice to at least be doing something at all, even if not a particularly profitable venture, just to get out of the apartment for a while - perhaps a couple of days - and be in a quieter, cleaner environment. Having a friend or two around for most of that time would just be a bonus.

Really not sure what else to ramble on about at this point, though this blog post has already been one of the longest non-medical things I've posted in months. Really not sure that I even have anything of particular value to say these days, which is part of why I've been so quiet on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment