Sunday, June 21, 2009

Silence is not golden; it's rusted

So I started playing a game with a couple of friends earlier today. Names will be deliberately omitted though if any of them are reading this, I'm sure they'll figure out what I'm referring to. In any case, one of them said something that struck me as very unusual. I asked about it, then he got extremely defensive and wouldn't tell me, then got quite irritated with me for being upset over his unwillingness to discuss. I have no reason to believe it would be particularly embarrassing and, regardless, I have the decency to keep my snout shut if someone tells me something they would prefer not to be public knowledge.

But, rather than just explaining what was going on after I pointed out why I was so upset, he just got angry with me and threatened to quit the game if I didn't cheer up immediately. Instead I just told him that I didn't appreciate the way he was handling the situation and that, rather than allowing the situation to progress even further, I was signing off before either of us said or did something that we both would end up regretting later. I'm still extremely upset over the situation but I know that it would have likely gone nuclear if I hadn't simply left when I did.

So, rather than getting to enjoy a day off down here, I'm instead swamped by drama and just want to go cry myself to sleep now.

Edit: While writing this post the person who precipitated this whole situation sent me an e-mail and a direct message on twitter asking me to sign back on. I'm still debating whether or not to do so. While I have my doubts it will make me feel significantly better it's not like I could feel a whole lot worse than I do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment