Thursday, January 22, 2009

Twenty-three and 1/365

My birthday was yesterday, hence the title of the post. The day itself was rather dull and uneventful; the only thing of real significance was listening to the inauguration on the radio. Only four people even said happy birthday, including my family; even they didn't call until shortly before I went to bed. I was rather scarce yesterday mostly due to work; by the time I got everything sorted out I was too tired to do anything but sleep. More than a little depressing, really; I don't expect to have anyone make a particularly big deal about the day (not much point counting past 21, after all), but feeling generally neglected is particularly upsetting.

I was online much of the day today, with little success on pretty much any front, though I did get one belated happy happy from someone. The real highlight, though, was getting to see a local fur in Charlotte that I'd not heard from in a while. We got a nice dinner, among other things, before he left about fifteen minutes ago. Very much enjoyed the company, for quite a few reasons. Made up for yesterday being rather crappy.

One thing that I've come to think about, though, is that quite a bit has already happened. I've been witness to the dawning of the Internet age, a significant terrorist attack on US soil, and the inauguration of our first black President. Makes me wonder just how many more huge events are going to happen in whatever lifetime I'm fortunate enough to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment