Sunday, June 22, 2008

Racing and Religion

I took the day off today to just relax on a weekend. Since I haven't gotten to follow the Formula One season at all, I woke up exceptionally early (6:45AM) just to try and catch the race only to find out that the Grand Prix had been preempted by some TV evangelist, to be followed by Fox "News" Sunday. Why the fuck are they doing this, particularly in such a large television market? I've half a mind to call the station and ask what they think they're trying to do, particularly as the same program is shown on two different cable channels at the same time and two other broadcast networks have religious programming.

See, folks, this is the kind of crap that gets me to hate religion. I have no problem with it until it interferes with my way of life. This is a fairly big interference. Also, as Fox (technically, Speed, which is owned by Fox) is the main broadcaster in the US, that means that nobody at all in the area gets to watch. So whether or not we have any interest in religion, we don't get to watch the race. *grumbles*

Edit (11:45AM): Apparently Fox is going to air the race... at noon, five hours late. I understand it's better for ratings, but why not air it live as they do in every other country that gets it?

No comments:

Post a Comment