Thursday, June 19, 2008

Depression

I spent all day looking forward to making it to where I've stopped tonight, in the hopes that I'd get to stay in a nice, cool hotel room for the evening, have a couple hours to get a shower and watch TV before a friend came over, spend some time enjoying his company, sleep, wake up, then hang out a bit more before the hotel's check out time. Instead, the hotel we have here is full for the night. And instead of trying to figure something else out, I end up too depressed to even care if I get to do any of the above. I spent 11 hours driving, nearly non-stop, spent all day looking forward to it... then one thing goes wrong, which sets off a chain reaction that makes me wonder why I even bothered. I haven't made a hotel reservation, don't have a shower, and didn't even bother ordering dinner.

If he calls and the phone wakes me up, there are a couple of other places that aren't entirely out of the question, though they're of the crappy Motel 6 variety and cost at least $15 more. If he doesn't call or the phone doesn't wake me up... well, it'll just validate how I'm feeling right now. I'm not entirely sure if I care. I know I should care but I just can't be bothered to. I just know that, regardless of where and how long I get to sleep, I'm going to wake up feeling like shit.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs?* That really sucks to have everything planned so meticulously, just fall apart like that. I do hope at least something was worked out! Otherwise, well, hope things pick up soon *hugs*

    ReplyDelete