Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Unhealthy

I had developed a cough of some sort a while ago. It had started to fade while I was out in California, and had practically stopped during Furry Weekend Atlanta, but now it's come back again. The lack of sleep I've gotten out on the road here probably doesn't help, since its resurgence seems to be rather closely-linked to me getting back to work.

I'm coughing a lot (particularly when I first wake up or when I'm tired at night), feel somewhat weaker than usual, have chest pain only when I take a deep breath (which actually preceeded my cough, but the doctor I saw before MFF didn't let me say anything), and find it very difficult to cough up the mucus that is stuck at the top of my throat. My sinuses are draining and I'd swear I feel something in my lungs. Given that most of these are signs of pneumonia or some other serious illness, I've asked work if we can arrange a doctor's appointment up here on short notice, since I'm starting to worry about this being something I won't be able to shake without treatment. I also worry about treatment being both overly expensive and ineffective, given my last several encounters with modern medicine, but it's really all I can go on right now. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment