Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chuch's Chicken FAIL

I attempted to order from there, but ... well, to describe the "owner's" attitude as unprofessional would be putting it extremely politely. The problem stemmed from the store's policy of a $5 minimum order for credit cards, which is a big no-no; merchants are not allowed to have minimums. This led to enough of an incident that other customers left the store instead of actually ordering food as the manager started mocking me over the situation. I ended up reporting it to MasterCard and Church's Corporate, but as an aside, if you ever are in Memphis don't go to that franchise.

Just for the record, this is the text of what I sent to corporate.

I attempted to order a three-piece special and a drink, totaling $4.79. I intended to pay with a credit card, but the woman insisted that the store had a $5 minimum for credit card purchases. When I pointed out that this is a violation of MasterCard's merchant agreement, she started to throw a temper tantrum. She yelled at me, accused me of trying to steal food, threatened to call the police, and acted completely unprofessional. She claimed to be the store owner - despite not even wearing a name tag nor anything else to differentiate her from the rest of the employees - and refused to provide any contact information for someone to address a complaint to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment