Friday, June 11, 2010

I am now the owner of a 2010 Hyundai Elantra

As my old car - the 1994 Nissan Maxima - was pretty much at the end of its lifecycle, I decided to do some new car shopping. After a couple days of research online, I figured I'd take the aforementioned Hyundai out for a test drive as it was easily the nicest vehicle in my price range (under $20k). After finding that it performed at least as well as my Nissan in every regard, I ultimately committed to buying it. Among other perks, it comes with a whopping 200,000 mile powertrain warranty, 60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, and absolutely everything works perfectly. There are plenty of safety features the Nissan lacked, too, most notably stability and traction control. The car is loaded with everything but leather seats, seat warmers, and a sun roof, all of which I can cheerfully do without. I had to put down a rather considerable down payment and have a pretty lousy interest rate, but the payments are still only $260 per month and I should be able to refinance early next year with a much better rate.

I took a few pictures of the car, inside and out, as I have already had several people request such things. If anyone can think of anything else they'd like to peer at, let me know and I can show that off as well. It'll be near the end of the month before I can get my permanent plate, but would a plate reading MINIDRKE be a little too far over the top? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment